viernes, 4 de febrero de 2011

Sulu, Kirk y Dylan. Pero Bogart

En el episodio "The Squire of Gothos" de Star Trek, Sulu le dice al Capitán Kirk: "How far do we go along with this charade?" A lo que Kirk responde: "Until we can think our way out!"

Inmediatamente me acordé de "Tight Connection to my Heart" de Dylan (recomiendo seguir el link y ver a Dylan bailando una coreografía al final) que tiene las lineas:

I’ll go along with this charade
Until I can think my way out

Esto no podía ser una coincidencia. Sé que Dylan es un aficionado a tomar "prestado" versos de otros. Por suerte, Wikipedia tiene la respuesta:

"A number of critics have noted the bizarre sources of inspiration behind some of the songs. As mentioned, some lines were lifted from old Humphrey Bogart pictures, but at least a few were taken from the sci-fi television show, Star Trek. Author Clinton Heylin wrote that "one of the best couplets - ‘I’ll go along with this charade / Until I can think my way out’ (from "Tight Connection to My Heart") - actually comes verbatim from a Star Trek episode, ‘Squire of Gothos’." But this line was originally used in the Humphrey Bogart movie 'Sahara'."

Esto confirma mis sospechas que con Internet uno nunca es el primero en enterarse de algo.

2 comentarios: